Agile Project Management with Scrum
Agile methods help companies tackle rapidly changing client and market requirements and increasing product complexity – also in R&D. These were exactly the challenges our client wanted to master.
Our client is a successful innovator in the industrial, banking, service and energy automation sectors. We worked with a business unit that dealt with industrial automation.
In this project, the company wanted to increase its R&D efficiency and reduce R&D costs.
We were able to support our client with efficiency and focus during implementation of the recommended solutions. We identified three key activities after a brief analysis:
- Re-organization of product management
- Clarifying the process and the roles for project prioritization
- Optimizing the current project portfolio to provide a new starting point
- Agile project management
- Training staff in the Scrum method
- Improving risk planning and mitigation
- Rearranging requirements management and reuse of requirements
- Expanding test automation
- Coaching a pilot project during Scrum implementation
- Optimizing product and service portfolio
- Developing the product strategy
- Introducing a rolling roadmap process
- The company has increased its R&D efficiency and implemented the prerequisites for reducing R&D costs as planned.
- Elimination of waste caused by continuously changing the project priorities
- Increased R&D efficiency using agile project management
- Improved employee motivation by creating success experiences